At a baby shower you usually see the diapers, bottles and bath products from the mommy’s registry, and lots of really cute clothes. Now, these items are all baby essentials, and we are so blessed to receive them from our family and friends, but at my sister’s recent baby shower there were also two unexpected gifts. One was the 4moms Cleanwater Bath Collection, and the other was the 20 piece Baby Bullet food system.
I may write about the bath system another day (and you can look at the reviews on Amazon), but now I’d like to share a Baby Bullet how-to guide with you all. It will include some basic instructions and usage tips for the Baby Bullet. As the older sister, I was tasked with using the Bullet first to prepare baby food when my nephew turned 4 1/2 months recently. After looking at the number of contents, I think most people will open the box and immediately say, “uh, not today.” That’s what I did at first, but I can never say no to my baby sis. I was also determined to try it so that my nephew’s breastmilk could be supplemented in the healthiest way possible.
So I finally opened it, skimmed the booklets, and made my first batch of pureed goodness. It wasn’t confusing or difficult at all. I’ve been using it for a little over a month now, and I think it’s an excellent system.
Everything you need is included, and can be seen in the image above.
- Together the User Manual/Cookbook and the Nutrition Guide remove all guesswork related to nutrition, preparation, storage, and safety.
- Power base with two blades; one to puree soft foods and one to mill grains for cereal.
- Bowl for making puree batches and cup (with storage lid) for making smaller amounts.
- Super handy spatula!
- The two cutest storage trays ever; one for the freezer and one for the refrigerator. The refrigerator storage set has lids that allow you to set the date food was prepared too.
Some foods need to be steamed before they are pureed so they sell the optional Baby Bullet Steamer to make that step even easier. You literally place food on the steamer, pour in a little water, push start, and wait for the beep! There is even a little cup that is marked so that you pour in just enough water.
- Plan ahead by choosing the right foods and the perfect time. Use the straightforward table of contents in the easy-to-follow manual/cookbook.
- Arrange and clean the items you will need and the surfaces you will use. Almost everything you need is in the box! Additional items are chopping utensil, cutting board, and what you will use to steam food when necessary.
- Add water and chopped food to the cup or large bowl. Consult manual/cookbook for appropriate amounts.
- Twist onto blade to puree.
- Use the spatula to pour into cute storage containers.
- Feed to your little one within three days. You can also freeze and use within 30 days for freshest taste.
- Clean up. This is no worse than doing the dishes, and all parts (except the power base) are dishwasher safe (top rack only).
If you like our Baby Bullet how-to guide please share it with other moms.
This site and its emails contain links to our own products, as well as paid advertising links to recommended products that we feel you may find useful.
Information contained on this website is general in nature, and is not a substitute for consulting a physician. Always consult a doctor for diagnosis and treatment. We are not doctors; we are mothers.