Have you been tasked with planning the best baby shower ever? If so, you are in the right place. If you are anything like me, you could use a little help when it comes to the crafty things in life. As a matter of fact, since the rise of Pinterest, it’s been my dream to step out of my comfort zone and create at least ONE DIY project that looks like the pictures I see and love! Just one, people; I’m thinking that’s not asking for too much. I get such inspiration from awesome bloggers like Whipperberry, and love seeing some great finished projects. I’m working on it.
So, with that being said, our time together today is to share how to make a diaper cake. It’s easy and convenient to create your own diaper cake with the help of eDiaperCakes. You may be a Crafty Queen, but the good news is that even if you aren’t, no one will ever know it! As Liz, owner of the family business says, you will be “The Talk of the Shower” with one of her awesome baby diaper cakes.
First off, you would want to assemble your supplies when you start a DIY project right? While researching online, I was surprised to learn something. Most diaper cake companies that offer “create your own” options do NOT include any baby products to decorate the cake with. This is not the case with eDiaperCakes. Here is what you are provided with to get the ball rolling:
- 73 to 78 Diapers, Pampers Swaddlers Size & already assembled into a 4-tiered handmade cake
- White Grosgrain Ribbon (3/4 inches)
- Johnson’s Baby Shampoo (1.5 fl oz)
- Johnson’s Head-to-Toes Baby Wash (1 fl oz)
- Johnson’s Baby Lotion (1 fl oz)
- Johnson’s Baby Powder Pure Cornstarch with Aloe & Vitamin E (1.5 oz)
- Desitin Rapid Relief Zinc Oxide Diaper Rash Cream (0.125 oz)
All you will need to add is a few specialty items that make it your own unique and perfect gift. At Born Unique Baby Guide, we suggest you try a few items from the Universal Gift Registry of your Mom-2-Be. A stuffed animal, a favorite book to start off the nursery library, and an inexpensive glue gun and voila!
Okay, so now you are ready to start putting your own style into creating the dream cake for your Mom-2-Be.
- Use the supply of ribbons (or your own customized ribbons and bows) to wrap around the diaper tiers. Use glue gun to secure in place.
- Use your creativity and play around with different angles to make sure each of your carefully selected baby items can be seen.
- Work from the bottom up, decorating each tier. Place heavier items on the base. Attach each baby product to ribbon, once again using your glue gun.
- Stand back, gaze at the beauty of all your hard work!
This site and its emails contain links to our own products, as well as paid advertising links to recommended products that we feel you may find useful.
Information contained on this website is general in nature, and is not a substitute for consulting a physician. Always consult a doctor for diagnosis and treatment. We are not doctors; we are mothers.