The Baby registry is one of the first fun moments during a pregnancy. It’s a great feeling to shower your baby with gifts, and officially share your joy with family and friends. You will also want to ensure that your little one has all of the essentials. He can’t see his new gifts, but they will definitely impact your entire family’s quality of life after birth.
The following is a list of baby registry must haves.
Your baby will need many clothing items during the first year of life. Their clothing serves many purposes, and they will need to change more often than older children or adults. You may not want to receive too much, however, since he will grow and develop very fast. In this list, include items such as:
- Three short-sleeved and three long-sleeved shirts. However, this depends on the season of the year. If it is summer, you might consider buying more short-sleeved shirts but if it is winter, most of the shirts need to be long-sleeved.
- An average of six pull-on pants for boys and leggings for girls. Always go for elastic waist pants, and choose a fabric that can stretch to accommodate the size of diapers without hurting the belly of your baby.
- Enough one-piece outfits that have a zipper from the neck to the feet.
- Sweaters, sweatshirts and fleece jackets to keep the bay warm at night and during cold weather. Five of these is enough. Ensure that they have a zipper, and avoid any strapped clothing which can be dangerous when pulled by the baby or other children.
- Enough pairs of socks for indoor use and some booties to wear when you are outdoors.
- Five pajamas that can be worn or taken off easily without disturbing your little one. Ensure that they are comfortable, warm, and large enough for a good night’s sleep.
- If it is summer, buy two broad-brimmed hats to protect him from sunlight. If it is winter, consider buying several hats that cover the head, neck, and ears in order to him warm. If it is extremely cold or there is snow, add a snowsuit and mittens to the list to safeguard your baby against extreme weather conditions.
Bathing, grooming, and health items
Your baby needs to stay clean. However, their bodies are very delicate and their bathing items need to be more sensitive than that of adults. The baby bathing list should include:
- Bath towels
- Baby bath tub
- baby nail clippers and nail file
- nose sucker
- comb and brush
- safety swabs
Breastfeeding is very essential for the growth and physical development of your baby. Whether you are at home or away, you need the following items in order to ensure that your baby gets their breastmilk:
- Breast pump
- Breastmilk storage
- Breastmilk feeding set
- Insulated case to keep the breastmilk safe while on the move.
- Nursing pillow
- hands free pumping bras
- nursing bras
Bottle-feeding and other feeding items
Whether your little one will be fed formula or breastmilk, you will require feeding items such as:
- Assorted nipples
- Nipple brush
- Utensils, including a cup, bowl and spoon.
- Baby Bullet Turbo Food Steamer
- Baby Bullet Complete Baby Care System
Babies cry in response to different stimuli. They cry when they are hungry, when they want to sleep, when they need their diaper changed, or when they feel lonely. You will want to sooth your baby and help him drift off when he is sleepy. Some needed items are:
- Swaddling blankets
- Music CDs
- baby books
- teething rings
You may need both cloth diapers for use at home, and disposable diapers to use while traveling or at night. For diapering needs, include in the baby registry items such as:
- Changing table and changing pads
- Diaper disposal pail
- Cloth diapers
- Wet bag
- Diaper covers
- Diaper fastener
- Disposable diapers
- Rash cream
- Wipes warmer
Your baby needs to exercise, sleep, eat, and be stimulated. He may also need to travel. Include on your registry those items that will help meet these goals in the easiest manner. A good place to begin your hunt is Amazon.com because of the prices and selection.
In conclusion, a baby registry checklist ensures that your baby gets everything they need to get started in life. Invest your time trying to compile a list of baby registry must haves to ensure that it is complete. Don’t forget, you can never go wrong with a gift card!
Subscribe to the Born Unique Baby Guide Email Series below!
This site and its emails contain links to our own products, as well as paid advertising links to recommended products that we feel you may find useful.
Information contained on this website is general in nature, and is not a substitute for consulting a physician. Always consult a doctor for diagnosis and treatment. We are not doctors; we are mothers.