We get it. Choosing a unique name for your baby boy is very important. It’s importance likely stands third only to giving birth to a healthy son, and ensuring he has a bright future. His name should be as unique as his footprint. In this article we’re providing a few tips that can help you determine the right name, and a few names that may spark your interest.
Where to look for unique baby boy names
The internet can provide you with great sources. There are a number of websites you can use, and this list is constantly growing. A great place to start is BabyHold’s site with tens of thousands of unique baby boy names and meanings. Also try curling up with a great book on finding a unique baby name, The Baby Name Wizard: A Magical Method for Finding the Perfect Name for Your Baby. Access to a long list of options can have a negative impact as well. You may never narrow it down or reach an agreement with your partner.
Narrowing down unique baby boy names
- Association – You may wish to look for an option that goes well with the family name, your religion, your country of origin, or your ancestry.
- Ease of Spelling – A name that is difficult to spell can cause problems in school, while applying to colleges, and while looking for work in the future.
- Pronunciation – Ensure that the name is easy to pronounce as well. A name can easily become a joke among his classmates.
- Nickname Derivatives – While they may seem insignificant, nickname derivatives can help to narrow down your preferred baby name. Nickname derivatives are just as important as actual names, and form the basis of initiation of many conversations.
- Quality – The name should make him proud.
Examples of unique baby boy names and meanings
- Sajan – Beloved
- Reuben – Behold, a son
- Cain – Possessed
- Benno – Bear
- Rafi – God has healed
- Ammon – Hidden
- Alf – Wise counselor
- Pagiel – God allots
- Neal – Cloud
- Cade – Round and gentle
Name is our identity and stays with us for the rest of our lives. It is an important part of one’s existence. Choosing the name for your baby boy is an amazing experience that comes across once or twice in a lifetime. Enjoy it to the fullest, and make him proud.
Subscribe to the Born Unique Baby Guide Email Series below!
This site and its emails contain links to our own products, as well as paid advertising links to recommended products that we feel you may find useful.
Information contained on this website is general in nature, and is not a substitute for consulting a physician. Always consult a doctor for diagnosis and treatment. We are not doctors; we are mothers.