When we were asked by Shannon Brown of Growing Slower to review her book, we were ecstatic! Even more excited about her offer to award one of our readers a free copy, we quickly set about to read Natural Birth Stories: The Real Mom’s Guide to an Empowering Natural Birth. The Born Unique Baby Guide moms are confident that you will enjoy Shannon’s book as much as we did.
It’s our belief at Born Unique that no story is ever identical. That’s the biggest thing to remember about giving birth. From the good, to the bad, to the better, every woman has a unique story worth telling and hearing about. While reading this compilation, we found that Natural Birth Stories gives tremendous insight to the joys and pains of giving birth. Some women in the book found it to be the most painful experience, while others described it as the most angelic and painless episode of their life. This book proved to be a valuable resource and inspirational for us too.
As a first time mother in 2012, I truly wish that I had a resource like this to turn to. With all of the overwhelming advice, seemingly horror stories, and videos that I endured, I barely thought I’d make it to the other side; let alone have an ‘ok’ labor experience! I was extremely terrified and saw lots of negative feedback on the details of pregnancy and labor. I can honestly say that I was scared to bits. Wish I had this book then!Born Unique Mom, Courtney
The literature covers everything from tons of real life birth stories, to the importance and tips of a birth plan–just a plan, as you never know what’s REALLY going to happen. We also found tips on nutrition and exercise, birth kits, what to take to the hospital, and ways in which to prepare for those unexpected situations. We would argue that this very thorough compilation covers just about everything a mom needs to know; when it comes to pregnancy, childbirth, and all that swirls around it. Sprinkled throughout the book was guess what? 32 real women weighing in with their own regimens, tips, and other helpful tidbits to push you along the way. This was truly an incredible read and a ‘must gift’ to any woman that I know. Whether someone you care about wants to start a family, or is a mom-to-be and already with child; she’ll undoubtedly appreciate this gift. Or perhaps it’s for you. If so, you are embarking on a magnificent journey and this book should be by your side.
Let’s get on with the giveaway! Our generous sponsoring author has offered the prize of a free book to one of our lucky readers. Submit your entries via the Rafflecopter below. There are multiple ways to enter that will increase your chances at winning. Have some fun and best of luck.
Ready to POP or can’t wait for the giveaway to end? We’ve got great news. You will enjoy a 20% discount when you Buy Now. (Offer ends when the giveaway does, so hurry)
Coupon Code: UNIQUEBIRTH
a Rafflecopter giveaway Giveaway open to entrants in the USA and Canada. Ending on December 25th, 2013. Be sure to connect with the author for updates and more useful resources by signing up for the GrowingSlower email list.
Disclosure: The Born Unique Baby Guide did not receive compensation for the promotion of this review & giveaway, other than a copy of the book for the purposes of an honest review. All opinions are 100% our own and we have not been influenced in any way. GrowingSlower is responsible for prize fulfillment. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google, and any other social media are not affiliated with this giveaway. This disclosure is done in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission 10 CFR, Part 255 Guides concerning the use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.
Error: Your requested Widget "AffiloTheme Sign-up Form" is not in the "Widgets for Shortcodes" sidebar
- [do_widget_area footer_widget_area_1]
- [do_widget id="nav_menu-4"]
- [do_widget_area footer_widget_area_2]
- [do_widget id="nav_menu-5"]
- [do_widget_area footer_widget_area_3]
- [do_widget id="nav_menu-6"]
- [do_widget_area footer_widget_area_4]
- [do_widget id="signup-widget-3"]
- [do_widget_area home_featured]
- [do_widget_area primary_widget_area]
- [do_widget id="signup-widget-2"]
- [do_widget id="nav_menu-3"]
- [do_widget id="widget_sp_image-6"]
- [do_widget id="text-2"]
- [do_widget_area secondary_widget_area]
- [do_widget id="signup-widget-4"]
- [do_widget id="affilo_tabbed_posts-2"]
- [do_widget id="text-4"]
- [do_widget id="text-6"]
- [do_widget id="text-3"]
- [do_widget id="text-5"]
- [do_widget_area widgets_for_shortcodes]
- [do_widget id="categoryposts-2"]
- [do_widget id="wp_pinterest_pinboard-2"]
- [do_widget id="nav_menu-7"]
- [do_widget id="pinterestbadgewidget-5"]
- [do_widget id="categories-2"]
- [do_widget id="text-13"]
- [do_widget id="mypinterestbadgewidget-2"]
- [do_widget id="aptfpinbytap_domain-3"]
- [do_widget_area wp_inactive_widgets]
- [do_widget id="widget_sp_image-5"]
- [do_widget id="widget_sp_image-7"]
- [do_widget id="widget_sp_image-8"]
- [do_widget id="pretty_pinterest_pins-3"]
- [do_widget id="wp_pinterest_pinboard-3"]
- [do_widget id="text-7"]
- [do_widget id="text-8"]
- [do_widget id="text-9"]
- [do_widget id="text-10"]
- [do_widget id="text-11"]
- [do_widget id="text-12"]
- [do_widget id="nav_menu-8"]
- [do_widget id="aptfpinbytap_domain-2"]
- [do_widget id="widget_sp_image-2"]
- [do_widget id="widget_sp_image-3"]
- [do_widget id="widget_sp_image-4"]
- [do_widget id="jcl_widget-2"]
- [do_widget id="pretty_pinterest_pins-2"]
- [do_widget id="pinterestbadgewidget-4"]
- [do_widget id="pinterest_rss_widget-2"]
- [do_widget id="social-widget-2"]
This site and its emails contain links to our own products, as well as paid advertising links to recommended products that we feel you may find useful.
Information contained on this website is general in nature, and is not a substitute for consulting a physician. Always consult a doctor for diagnosis and treatment. We are not doctors; we are mothers.